Volunteer and Safe Sanctuary Forms and Policies
Safe Sanctuaries is a policy Fayetteville First UMC has in place to protect our children, youth, volunteer servants, staff and church.
Prior to working with children and youth, the church requires that both volunteers and paid employees complete our Safe Sanctuaries Training. This process is detailed below and includes (among other things) a volunteer application and background check, in-person and/or online training, and acknowledgement and understanding of the child abuse prevention policy.
To work with children, youth or vulnerable adults follow this step-by-step procedure.
Contact Rev. Allyson Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding our Safe Sanctuaries Policy and Procedures.
Part One: Application and Background Check
- Print, complete, and submit to the church office this Volunteer Application OR complete the form online here: https://form.jotform.com/211516028426045. (The on-line form will automatically be submitted.)
- Complete this background check to authorize Fayetteville First UMC to conduct a Background Check through PeopleFacts.
- The Background Check will not include your credit information. It may include any or all of the following: verification of your identity and personal information (including address(es), telephone number, and social security number); information obtained from a criminal record check; information obtained from a State and/or National Sex Offender Registry.
- You will need to provide the Background Check Authorization every two years.
Part Two: Training
- After completion of your Background Check you will receive an email from Smart-Trak Training Program (email@example.com). This email will include a link to an online training and assessment tool powered by Smart-Trak. Follow the link and complete the training and assessment.
- Read Fayetteville First UMC’s Safe Sanctuary Procedures.
- Attend a Safe Sanctuary Training event at FFUMC. Training events are offered every 12 months, usually in the fall.
- If an in-person training event is not available, an on-line training event will be made available. This on-line event will include watching this general Safe Sanctuary Training Guide to learn how to work with children and youth in accordance with Safe Sanctuaries.
Part Three: Sign the Covenant
Current Safe Sanctuaries Policy and Forms:
- FFUMC Safe Sanctuaries Policy
- Volunteer Application
- Background Check Authorization Form
- Accident Report Form
- Incident Report Form
- Report of Suspected Abuse Form
- Safe Sanctuaries Participation Covenant Statement
MVR Authorization Form
To become eligible to operate church vehicles, it is necessary to complete a screening process in order to be covered by the church’s insurance policy. A Motor Vehicle Records check will be conducted by the church. Include a copy of a valid driver’s license with the authorization form.
Medical Release Forms
Prior to participating on a church retreat or outing a medical release form should be completed and the original given to the facilitator of the retreat/outing. These forms provide the necessary information required in the event medical attention is required. Please note there is a separate form for Adults and Youth. All forms should be completed in full, notarized and attached to a front & back copy of your current insurance card.
Photo Release Form
attached to a front & back copy of your current insurance card.
Church Event Planning
Edward N. Travis Scholarship
Edward N. Travis Scholarship Information and Requirements
Edward N. Travis Scholarship Application